Program Manager: Rob Moseley
Administrator: Shelley Madson
Contact E-mail for More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurricane Sports offers baseball in the spring. The sport is offered for home schooled students, as well as traditionally schooled students whose school does not offer soccer.
Our season is open for boys at the Middle School and JV/Varsity levels.. Tryouts and registration take place in January. Games are played in March and April.
Games are generally no further than 1 hour away, and it is the parents' responsibility to get their athlete to the games, although car pooling is encouraged and often available.
Baseball Tryouts 2020 Season!
New AND Returning Players Must Attend for Evaluation
(Take the time now to fill out the Online Waiver required for Tryouts/Evaluations - bit.ly/HurricanesWaiver)
Date: Saturday, January 11
Location: 17 Co Performance Training, 255 Mill Street a, Taylors, SC
Bring: Wear Sneakers/Athletic Shoes--NO CLEATS, Hat, Bat. Also, Online Waiver must be filled out (bit.ly/HurricanesWaiver)
Important Dates -
- Sunday, January 12 - Rosters sent out / Online registration open
- Tuesday, January 14 - Mandatory Parent/Player Meeting (The Church at Cherrydale, 401 State Park Road, Greenville) MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE BY THIS DATE!
- Saturday, January 18 - First Practice (Fairview Baptist Ball Fields (1515 Locust Hill Road, Greer)
Program Manager - Rob Moseley
Varsity Head Coach - Jeff Cook - Jeff coached with our Middle School program last year, with a 10-2-1 record. He brings a wealth of baseball experience, having played D1 baseball in college.
MS Head Coach - TBD
- Varsity - $350
- Middle School - $200
- Uniform (if you do not have a Hurricane uniform from last season) - Varsity - $100 / MS - $100
- Helmet (if you do not have an official Hurricanes helmet from last season) - $55
Payment Plan - (All checks must be turned in at the Parent/Player Meeting.)
- Varsity - At registration, pay $150 + Uniform Cost (if needed) + Helmet Cost (if needed) // $100 check post-dated for 2/1 // $100 check post-dated for 2/15. ALL CHECKS TURNED IN AT PARENT/PLAYER MEETING.
- Middle School - At registration, pay $100 + Uniform Cost (if needed) + Helmet Cost (if needed) // $100 check post-dated for 2/15
Items Provided by Players -
White Game Pants, Shoes, Glove, Bat (Bat standard, BBCOR, -3 (drop 3)
Parent / Player Meeting -
When - Tuesday, 1/14, 6:30pm
Where - The Church at Cherrydale (401 State Park Road, Greenville)
We will be sizing for uniforms at this meeting.
- Copy of Birth Certificate (new players only)
- Sports Physical completed within the last year (link to form - http://www.whhs.com/documents/CIF-PPE-Form.pdf). CVS Minute Clinic, Urgent Care or MD360 are options for sports physicals.
Practices - Mandatory practices will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays. Optional small group or batting practices will be offered on some Fridays. Depending on weather and makeup dates, there will likely be practices on other days of the week. (Practice days will be discussed at the Parent/Player Meeting.)
Games - Except for scrimmages, all games will be held in March and April.
- State Tournament (Greenville, SC) - 4/24-4/25
- MS Tournament (Augusta, GA) - 5/1-5/2
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Go to www.greenvillehurricanes.com and click on the "Register Now" banner.
- If you don't have an account with Greenville Hurricanes, set up an account.
- Choose to register as a Player.
- Make sure to continue all the way through checkout!
If you are choosing the payment plan, choose to "pay by check."
Please let us know if you have questions!
GREENVILLE HURRICANE BASEBALL
Greenville Hurricanes is pleased to announce that JEFF COOK has been named Varsity Baseball Coach for the 2020 season!
Jeff coached with our Middle School program last year with a 10-2-1 record. He brings a wealth of baseball experience, having played D1 baseball in college. Jeff will be in touch with current players about off-season workouts.
Last year's coach, Rob Moseley, will stay on as Program Manager. According to Rob, "I think everyone was excited about the progress the program made last year, and Jeff puts us in a position to take Canes Baseball to another level."'
If you have not participated with Hurricane Baseball, we will be offering workouts shortly and planning to field teams for 6th-12th graders in the spring . Please contact us now so you can be included in the off-season workouts!
For more information or to have an email address added to our mailing list, contact email@example.com.
GREENVILLE HURRICANE BASEBALL