Program Manager: Mark Young / Jeff Barnes
Administrator: Cheri Barnes
Contact E-mail for More Information: email@example.com
Hurricane Sports offers baseball in the spring. The sport is offered for home schooled students, as well as traditionally schooled students whose school does not offer soccer.
Our season is open for boys at the Middle School and JV/Varsity levels.. Tryouts and registration take place in January. Games are played in March and April.
Games are generally no further than 1 hour away, and it is the parents' responsibility to get their athlete to the games, although car pooling is encouraged and often available.
Baseball Information 2019
Hurricane Baseball Players, it's time to register for Baseball and get our season underway!
Registration is now open online, and any students that are interested in participating in Hurricane Baseball are invited to register! Registration will be open through midnight on 1/19.
1/15 - Online Registration Open
1/19 - Online Registration Closes at Midnight
1/21 - First Practice Date (before parent meeting)
1/21 - Mandatory Parent/Player Registration Meeting
Online Registration - please complete by 1/18:
- Go to the Hurricane web site - www.greenvillehurricanes.com,
- Click on the banner reading "Registration Now Open."
- If you are new to Hurricane Athletics, you will need to set up an account.
- Choose to register as a Player and complete registration.
Parent/Player Registration Meeting:
When - Monday, January 21st, 7:00-8:00 pm
Where - Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Gym (1002 South Buncombe Road, Greer)
Birth Certificate - Each athlete must have a copy of their birth certificate on file. If your child has participated in the past, we should have this on file.
Physical - Each athlete is also required to turn in a copy of a physical completed within the last year. CVS Minute Clinic and MD360 are both options for sports physicals. Here is a link to the physical form: http://www.whhs.com/documents/CIF-PPE-Form.pdf
* Registration - Varsity - $350 / MS - $200
* Uniform (if you do not have a Hurricane uniform from last season) - Varsity - $100 / MS - $100
* Helmet (if you do not have an official Hurricanes helmet from last season) - $55
Items Provided by Player:
White Game Pants, Shoes, Glove, Bat (Bat standard, BBCOR, -3 (drop 3)
Payment Plan: (All cash, checks and post-dated checks turned in at registration.
- Varsity - At registration pay $150 + Uniform Cost (if needed) + Helmet Cost (if needed ) // $100 check post-dated for 2/1 // $100 check postdated for 2/15
- Middle School - At registration pay $100 + Uniform Cost (if needed) + Helmet Cost (if needed) / $100 check post-dated for 2/15
General Season Information:
* Teams – 2 teams will be offered: Middle School (6th-8th) / Varsity (9th-12th)
* Practices – The teams will generally practice Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, unless there are games. Game weeks would generally have practice on Monday and Friday.
* Games – Except for several scrimmages at the end of February, all games will be in March and April. Full schedule will be available online and on the app when you register.
Please e-mail if you have questions!
GREENVILLE HURRICANE BASEBALL