Program Manager: Jesse Zdonek
Administrator: Karen Zdonek
Contact E-mail for More Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurricane Sports offers boys volleyball in the fall. The sport is offered for home schooled students, as well as traditionally schooled students whose school does not offer volleyball.
The boys volleyball program began in 2016 and will continue to expand to different levels as boys volleyball programs develop in the Upstate.
Games are generally no further than 1 hour away, and it is the parents' responsibility to get their athlete to the games, although car pooling is encouraged and often available.
BOYS VOLLEYBALL 2018
We're excited to have information to announce regarding our Boys Volleyball 2018 season!
Dates of Season:
August 16 - October 13 (8 weeks)
* Registration - $175
* Uniform Cost: $46 - Uniforms will be the same as last year. You will not need to purchase a new jersey or shorts if you have yours from last year. All players will purchase a new practice shirt. (Jersey - $22 // shorts $14 // practice shirt $10).
(In addition, each player will need to bring in $120 in fundraising--more info to come. Players bringing in over the $120 amount may apply the extra to their uniform or registration cost.)
Locations of Practices/Games:
* Practice - Mon/Thu, 6-8 - Earle Street Baptist (225 W Earle St, Greenville)
* Practice - Fri, 7-9 - Aldersgate UMC (7 Shannon Dr, Greenville)
* Games - Rocky Creek Baptist Church (1801 Woodruff Rd, Greenville) - games may possibly be held at Earle Street and Aldersgate as well
Darin Rizzitello - Head Coach
David Burchfiel - Head Coach
Auckie Henry - Assistant Coach
Player Evaluation Dates:
* Friday, August 3, 5:30-7:00 pm - Aldersgate UMC (7 Shannon Dr, Greenville)
* Monday, August 6, 7:30-9:00 pm - Aldersgate UMC
All players must at least attend ONE of the evaluation dates. Attending both dates is helpful to the coaches in order to better assess your position and skill level.
Registration will open on August 3 and remain open through August 6
- Go to www.greenvillehurricanes.com
- Click on the "Registration Is Open" banner
- If you are new to Hurricanes, you will need to set up an account
- Choose to "Register as a Player"
- Be sure to continue through the registration until it is completed.
Registration Meeting - 8/6, 6:45-7:30 at Aldersgate UMC
- Meet coaches
- Size uniforms
- Ask questions
- Turn in paperwork - Copy of birth certificate and a current sports physical (within the last year) must be turned in
- Pay registration fee
Looking forward to getting this new season of Boys Volleyball underway!! Be sure to let us know if you have questions!