Program Manager: Julie Mitchell
Administrator: Kristin Shevick
Contact E-mail for More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurricane Athletics offers a Cross Country program in the fall of the school year, to athletes 6th to 12th grades. The program is open for all home schooled students, as well as traditionally schooled students whose school does not provide a cross country program. Winter and Spring conditioning season are also offered.
Hurricane Cross Country 2017
WHO: 6-th - 12th graders / Homeschooled or traditionally schooled at an institution that does not offer cross country.
- Physical dated after October of 2016
- Copy of Birth Certificate (already on file if you've participated in another Hurricane sport)
- Liability Waiver Release for Taylors First Baptist
Tues. Aug. 29 - Palmetto Friendly 5k - 5:30 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 2 - Eye Opener Spartanburg - time TBA
TBA - Friendly Invitation Clemson
Sat. Sept. 16 - Southside 5K - 9:00 a.m. (formerly Zaxby’s Invitational)
Thurs. Oct. 5 Palmetto Invitational - 5:00, 5:35, 6:15 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 28 Independent Championship - TBA
TBA - Charity Canned Food Drive 5k - Hillcrest H.S.
TBA - Nationals in Nashville, Tennessee(optional)
- 4 occurences to sit and be parent in charge at practices in case of emergency (sign up at Parent Meeting)
- Bring food to one meet (sign up online closer to time of meet)
10 MINUTE MILE QUALIFICATION:
- A mile test exemption from Coach Julie Mitchell for 2017 spring conditioning runners or 2016 runners who completed a base mile run time of 10 min. or less
- A 10 minute mile or less track test will be given upon request for new runners (email email@example.com for appointment) or proof of recent 5k sub 30 minute race time
COMMUNICATION: SIPlay app (Sports Illustrated Play) will be the main means of communication and will be checked for attendance of those NOT attending practice, parent service dates, cancellations, meet details, etc.
COST: $100 for first child / $80 for additional children in same family. Cost includes any meet fees except Charity Can Food Drive, where canned goods are the entry requirement.
Last year's may be re-used if it still fits and is in good/like-new condition. Cost of uniform is $50.
Quality running shoes (discount available at Greenville Running Company on Haywood Road)
- Stopwatch or GPS watch worn to every practice
- Water bottle
- Appropriate running clothes (no stomach showing)
- Hair worn out of face (braid or ponytail for long hair)
- Code of Conduct Agreement signed
- Foam roller for exercises at home
July 1-10 - Registration Open
July 10, 5:30 pm - Mandatory Parent Meeting (brief)
(need notary for the Parent Meeting if anyone is available to help)
July 13, 8:00 am - First official practice
Registration opens Saturday, July 1 at 8:00 am and closes on July 10th.
Go to the Greenville Hurricanes web site - http://greenvillehurricanes.com/site/
Click on the banner that reads "Registration Now Open."
If you are new to Hurricane Athletics, you will need to set up an account.
Once you have an account set up, choose to "Register to Play" and select 2017 Cross Country.
Payments (unless paying by credit card online) and paperwork will be collected at the Parent Meeting.